Solutions for Enterprise Departments
VmGuest will customize any solution you require - we have the latest storage and networking technologies available to deploy in Australia.
- System Z
Some companies want an immediate solution and have a strict deadline to meet. They do not have the resources available to assist with system design such as storage, networking, firewall, Operating System builds, administration, backups and monitoring.
Other companies do not have the funds available to buy expensive enterprise IT equipment they need to run their applications on, yet alone collocation and bandwidth requirements. There are also other enviromental features such as power.
Australia charges premium rates for bandwidth and most ISP's have heavy restrictions on uploads and downloads. Without special planning you can be left with excessive costs that make it infeasible to run a business.
- VmGuest supplies refurbished enterprise IT equipment to companies and resellers all over the world
- VmGuest has networks at multiple sites in Melbourne. We can provide a direct 10Mb/s link from our datacenter to your office within Melbourne CBD. This gives your business high speed internet and direct access to your collocation equipment.
- We can provide complex solutions such as SAN DR metro mirrors / san copy to match your production environemt. We have EMC/IBM/HP/SUN/Hitachi SANS of all makes and models to match your production envrionment.
- We provide 10Mb/s unlimited bandwidth on all internet facing links in our melbourne collocation facilities.
- We stock all major server brands and models and will match the solution with the appropriate adapters such as FC HBA's, network cards.
- VmGuest supports all major hypervisors such as Vmware, Microsoft HyperV, Linux KVM, Xen,
- Type 1 (or native, bare metal) hypervisors run directly on the host's hardware to control the hardware and to manage guest operating systems. A guest operating system thus runs on another level above the hypervisor. This model represents the classic implementation of virtual machine architectures; the original hypervisor was CP/CMS, developed at IBM in the 1960s, ancestor of IBM's z/VM. A modern equivalent of this is the VMware ESXi, Citrix XenServer or Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisor.
- Type 2 (or hosted) hypervisors run within a conventional operating system environment. With the hypervisor layer as a distinct second software level, guest operating systems run at the third level above the hardware.
HPC, Grip Computing & VirtualizationDeployed Solution Example
- InfiniBand Enables the "Wire Once, One Wire" Data Center
- A global leader in semiconductor-based server and storage connectivity solutions
- Leading provider of high performance InfiniBand solutions
- 10Gb/s and 20Gb/s Node-to-Node
- 30Gb/s and 60Gb/s Switch-to-Switch
- 2.25us latency
- 3.5W per HCA (host channel adapter) port
- RDMA and hardware based connection reliability
- Efficient and scalable I/O virtualization
- Price-performance advantages
- Converges clustering, communications, management and storage onto a single link with Quality of Service
High Availability & Disaster RecoveryHigh Availability Features
VmGuest utilise all of the enterprise Hardware and Software features including vMotion and DRS to deliver 100% availability across the entire virtualised IT environment without the cost and complexity of failover solutions tied to either operating systems or specific applications. Our industry leading service level agreement offers your money back if we fail to deliver 100% uptime.
|EMC Clariion CX3-10c||Dual SP HA with 15TB (terrabyte)|
|4x Dell 2950||2xQC2.33, 32GB, 2x128G, 4G FC HBA|
|SAN Fabric||EMC 16 Port Active 4G|
|Dell Tape Library||10x400/800G Tapes, FC/SCSI|
|Cisco 2960 Network||24 Port GB Switch|
|Firewall / Remote VPN||Fortegate firewall and vpn|
|Your choice of OS||Yes|
Flexible Virtualization Options
Virtualized SharePoint 2010 Environment by using VMware vSphere and EMC CLARiiON CX4-120 with EMC efficient storage technology. The SharePoint 2010 farm with high availability is protected locally with Replication Manager intergrating with EMC SnapView snap technology and remotely with RecoverPoint/SE CRP controlled by VMware vCenter SRM.
Flexible Backup Options
Vmguest Melbourne data backup and recovery service can provide simple file level backup or a multi-machine SAN based plan we have a backup solution to suit. Our snapshot backups can be run at very short intervals to offer a much fresher recovery in the event of a disaster. Tape rotation and offsite storage are also available.
EMC MirrorView Software provides synchronous and asynchronous data mirroring between two or more CLARiiON CX Arrays. MirrorView Software is configured and managed from within EMC Navisphere Management Software suite. MirrorView is also integrated with EMC SnapView copy software. MirrorView is powered by the dual processors situated on the CX storage processors, therefore MirrorView is array based, and will not impact the hosts attached.
VmGuest offer off-site replication targets for your critical data to provide an end-to-end infrastructure solution. In addition, redundant hot standby VMware servers can be configured to enable not just data restoration, but to restore both applications and business services in the event of a disaster.
Your Own Enterprise Infrastructure
Management can be performed exclusively by the client or VmGuest can take over certain management requirements such as storage, backup, DR, server builds.
Outsource Your Infrastructure
By outsourcing certain business functionalities you can save costs and deploy on demand. This leaves you to focus on your core business not having to worry if servers are up or data is backed up. VmGuest will always ensure you are using the latest technologies and make recommendations based on best practices.
Building and maintaining a datacenter involves considerable upfront capital expense (CapEx), and ongoing expenses include rent, electricity, cooling, staff costs, and other things VmGuest takes care of for you. With the VmGuest Dedicated Private Cloud you just pay a predictable monthly operational cost (OpEx) for dedicated resources—and eliminate the hardware headache from your enterprise.
The hardware is all deployed and configured so full remote administration can be accomplished. This is through industry standard such as remote consoles and out of band access.